ALL BOOKINGS ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED ON THIS WEB-PAGE.
1. WITHOUT PREJUDICE Your booking is made as a consumer and you agree that the owner will not accept liability for expenses, costs, losses, claims or other sums that relate to any business however so suffered or incurred by you. You must be over 18 years of age at the time of making your booking.
2. HOLIDAY COST Included in the price are gas, electricity, bed linen, hand towels, bath mats and tea towels. Please note that bath/beach towels are not provided, nor bedding for the cot.
The owner reserves the right to change the prices quoted on this website. Bookings made and paid for (through the Deposit) will not be affected.
Your holiday booking entitles you to arrive at the cottage any time after 4pm on the start date, and leave promptly by 11am on day of departure. This gives the housekeeper time to prepare the Cottage for your arrival, and to make it ready for the guests that follow you. If you are planning to arrive any later/leave earlier, please let the owner know so that the housekeeper can be informed. If the housekeeper is not able to access the Cottage at 11am to begin the changeover, we reserved the right to charge you £10 per hr for the time spent whilst the housekeeper is waiting for you to leave.
3. DOGS Dogs are welcome, at no extra cost, on the understanding that no sign of a dog is evident in the house or garden at the time of your departure. This responsibility will lie with the person making the booking.
Dogs are not allowed upstairs or on the furniture; and must never be left unattended in the property.
4. DAMAGE BOND You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of it. All furnishings and fittings inside and outside the property, equipment, utensils, etc. must be left in a comparable state of repair and condition as at the beginning of the holiday. All must be left clean; and the overall property cleanliness (including the Lookout and Garden) must be left in a reasonable state.
There is an honesty pot for replacing broken crockery/glasses; and we would be grateful if you would report any other damages/breakages to us before departure so that we can fix/replace these prior to the next guests coming in.
We reserve the right to charge bad tenants for extra cleaning, significant breakage or damage; and the owner may, at their discretion refuse future bookings.
Every booking is subject to a £100 returnable Damage Bond. Once you have paid your deposit and balance amounts, you will be asked to send a Damage Bond cheque to the owner. Only when it has been received will you be sent directions to Beach Cottage and instructions about the key. If, on your leaving, Beach Cottage, Beach Hut, the Lookout and the Garden have been left in a reasonable state and to the housekeeper’s satisfaction, the housekeeper will inform the owner and your cheque will be shredded. If the housekeeper informs the owner that the state of the Property is unsatisfactory, the owner will contact you in the first instance. The cheque will not be cashed without first consulting you.
Our experience shows that this procedure results in an all-round better holiday for everyone, as all the guests fully respect the property and so make manageable the process of preparing it for the next guest’s full enjoyment. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
5. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES You are expected to show due consideration for other people, not to abuse the property or display rude, dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the owner, housekeeper or other third party. Possession of the property can be refused or you can be asked to leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of your holiday cost or compensation.
It is your responsibility to check the holiday property meets your needs and we cannot be responsible for ensuring the property is entirely suitable for your needs. We cannot accept any bookings that are specified to be conditional upon fulfilment of a particular request. It is your responsibility to notify us of any information regarding a medical problem or disability that may affect your holiday at the time of booking.
6. OCCUPANCY Our insurance policy meanas that your holiday group must not exceed the maximum number of people the property will sleep (8 people & 1 baby). If it does, we can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens, we will treat your holiday as cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of monies or compensation.
7. AMENITIES The use of accommodation and amenities, including the wood-burning chiminea, barbeque, garden furniture, hot water bottles, etc is entirely at the user’s risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to user’s or visitor’s, or their belongings.
8. INFANTS/TODDLERS There is a travel cot, highchair and bed guard which you are welcome to use, at your own risk. You will need to provide your own bedding for the cot. The Cot is suitable for infants up to 14kg (30lbs) who are less than 85cm (33.5”) tall and who unable to climb out of it. We also provide a toilet training seat/stool, potty and changing mat. In the kitchen we have a Food processor,Hand blender, Children’s plates, cups, bowls and cutlery. Please ensure anything you use is thoroughly cleaned for the next little guest.
9. CAR PARKING There is off street parking for two cars in the driveway – please ensure you keep the general waste and recycling bins accessible.
10. COMPLAINTS Our intention is that you have a great holiday. If, however, you do have any difficulties please contact the owners as soon as possible by phone. This is often the quickest way of resolving problems that might occur.
11. ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY There will be occasions when we will require access to the property to carry out repairs, inspections etc. Wherever possible we will advise you as soon as we are aware of the date and time the access is required. We will also do our utmost to avoid this situation arising during your holiday. The owners/housekeeper will try to accompany people on their visits.
12. CANCELLATION OF YOUR BOOKING BY US In the unlikely event that we are unable to provide the holiday accommodation requested, we will either refund all monies paid or a pro rata amount depending on the length of stay prior to departure. Our liability is limited to these options and does not include situations where the cancellation occurs due to unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care.
13. CANCELLATION OF YOUR BOOKING BY YOU If you have to cancel your holiday we can, if requested in writing, attempt to re-let your reservation/booking on your behalf. If successful we will refund any monies paid by the new hirer (please note this may not be the advertised price, especially if it is a late booking), less the administration fee of £50. If unsuccessful all monies paid by you will be forfeited.
14. LIABILITY The owner shall have no liability for any death or personal injury unless it results from the owner’s negligence or that of any employee of the owner (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment). You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability is accepted by the owner in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property except where the damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the owner or that of any employee of the owner (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment).
15. DATA PROTECTION For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the owner is the sole data controller of all personal data provided from customers and prospective customers. The owner will collect certain personal details from you. For your holiday to be provided, the owner needs to pass on your personal details to the housekeeper. The owner would like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes. This would cover sending brochures or details of promotions relating only to Beach Cottage, Norfolk.
The owner may make contact with you by E-mail, post, or telephone for the purposes set out in this clause for a period of 6 years after the end date of the holiday rental. If you do not wish to receive any or all of the communications set out in this clause, please let us know by telephone, letter, or e-mail. The owner is entitled to assume that you do not object to being communicated with unless it receives notice. Except where expressly permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998, the owner will only deal with the personal details you give as set out above.
The owner has appropriate security measures in place to protect this information.
16. LITERATURE We take every care to ensure the accuracy of the property description, particularly when it comes to describing the fabric of the Cottage (Main House) and The Lookout (for example).
“Like many older properties, Beach Cottage has solid flint walls and an original damp proof course. We have re-pointed the flint walls with lime mortar, replaced the roof and removed carpets. This allows the Cottage to ‘breathe’. However, as Beach Cottage is in such an exposed location, right beside the sea (which is why people come and stay here) the environment is stands in is much damper than being inland. We have a good central heating system, which makes the house warm and cosy, but the fabric of the building does struggle at certain times of the year (winter/spring). This is why we provide a dehumidifier for use in these particularly wetter months. Some guests, who are accustomed new-built houses, might find this a problem; so please check with us, before booking, to ensure that your expectations can be met.
Occasionally visitors from more urban areas, who are unaccustomed to country life, are surprised to find spiders, flies, woodlice, ants, wasps, etc. We endeavour to make sure these are kept away, but as in all old properties we cannot guarantee that these insects won’t turn up, even though the Property will have been thoroughly cleaned. This is especially true of The Lookout, which is basically a modified garden shed. We are happy to be contacted if any major problems arise.”
We assume that if you are proceeding with a booking, you are satisfied with any doubts you might have about the property. All information on our website is given in good faith and is believed to be correct at the time of going to press, but we cannot be held responsible for changes beyond our control, which may become known after publication of this literature.
Our description of Beach Cottage show what amenities it has but does not state what is not in the property. Please be aware that when we describe it as having an enclosed garden, this does not necessarily mean a secure garden.
Further, we cannot accept liability for happenings outside our reasonable control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions. However, we will do everything we can to remedy a situation, as soon as possible.
17. FORCE MAJEURE Compensation payments will not apply where we cannot fulfil our obligations due to circumstances beyond our control. This would mean any event where we cannot foresee with all due care, eg. riots, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, flood, coastal erosion, fire epidemic or health risk and similar factors beyond our control.
Andrea and Stewart Rippon
Beach Cottage, Mundesley, Norfolk
Last updated 13.2.17