COVID-19 – Reducing the Risk of Coronavirus Transmission at Beach Cottage
Please do NOT come to the Cottage if you or anyone in your party is showing any symptoms of Coronavirus. The main symptoms include:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
(https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/#symptoms accessed July 2020).
Risk: The virus is carried into the Holiday Home by a guest who is asymptomatic/or a guest who develops CV19 during their holiday.
Beach Cottage will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your holiday starting. Extra cleaning measures and other precautions that have been put in place include:
- Cleaning equipment will be cleaned prior to being used.
- Our staff will wear clean gloves and a mask during the changeover.
- High-touch surfaces (handles, doors, wardrobes, backs of chairs, banisters, fridges, ovens, loos, toaster, microwaves, kettle and horizontal surfaces) will be cleaned with an anti-viral liquid (diluted bleach).
- The sofa will be steam-cleaned every week.
- Laundry will be washed at 60 degrees or higher.
- Bedspreads will be stored in the wardrobes – if you use them, please leave them on the bed so we can ensure they are washed after you leave.
- A new Jay-cloth and Sponge will be left for you to use during each visit
- Our Staff have been provided with a Checklist of these measures, to ensure they are completed at each changeover.
- Our box of ‘tourist’ leaflets will be kept in the cupboard under the stairs. We advise you to use internet searches to find out about local amenities and things to do. (Our website www.s197082779.websitehome.co.uk may be a good starting point, but please check directly with the business before you go out).
- The House file and Visitors books will be stored in the cupboard under the stairs. Information about the Cottage will be available directly from our website (www.s197082779.websitehome.co.uk). If you would like to add a message to our Visitors’ Book, please use a clean, single piece of paper and place it in the front cover of the visitor’s book. We will glue it in afterwards.
- You can help protect our staff (and future guests) by doing the following:
- Please do not use the bedrooms that are not made up for you.
- Please dispose of your own rubbish, particularly from the bins in the bathrooms.
- Please strip the beds that you use, so that our Staff can bag it after you have left.
- If you get any symptoms of Coronavirus whilst you are at the Cottage, please go home and let us know immediately, so that we can inform our staff and the guests that will follow you.
- If you get positively tested for Coronavirus within 2 weeks of staying with us, please let us know immediately, so that we can inform our staff and the guests that have followed you.
- You can help protect the residents of Mundesley by doing the following:
- Please respect the social distancing measures in operation at the time of your holiday.
- Please wear a face mask in public places.
- Please respect the rules put in place by local businesses.
- If you see a business that is not behaving as you would like, please give them this feedback directly (rather than on social media). Everyone is on a very steep learning curve!